Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Sunshine & Short Films

Do you ever get in one of those moods that turns every song on your iPod into your jam; that makes you feel like running and singing and climbing a mountain? Do you get hit by a sudden positive vibe out of nowhere and find that you just can't sit still, that you have to release all the good stuff inside of you? That's the kinda mood I find myself in right now which probably isn't a good thing since I have things to do tomorrow and it is currently very late at night (or very early in the morning depending on your perspective). But instead of sitting in bed and dwelling on all the things currently filling me with anxiety like I usually do at this time of night I've decided to sit in the dark of my living room and write about this sudden ray of sunshine. It's funny, about an hour ago I wasn't doing so hot; I was dwelling on the aforementioned anxiety and honestly having quite a crappy time of it...But then I put on a Disney short films collection I found on Netflix and at first some of them had me crying and others had me creeped out but then there was one that had me smiling and soon I was laughing and...I dunno, something about the whole thing made me feel better. Before each of the shorts they had some of the people who worked on them talk about the production and there's something that really cheers me up about seeing people talk about something that started as a scribble or a vague idea and then watching the finished product. Okay, I really I sound really silly and probably pretty irresponsible, but the thing is that a good mood like this rarely lasts long so I've learned to cherish them while they last. Now I have a confession, guys. It's kinda something I'm a little embarrassed to mention to my family or friends but since a slim few of the people in my life even know about this blog I suspect this little secret will be safe here. I'm sure this sounds incredibly silly but I really really wish I could work on animated movies; I possess no talent that would be useful in any stage of production but it's a little dream I like to think about sometimes. Something about these movies is just really special me; as I've grown older I've found myself drinking in every detail, a certain swell of music, the way the backgrounds are look, an Easter egg I didn't catch when I was little. I just feel like the kinda stuff Disney puts out can bring something really good into the world and I think it'd be something else to take part in sending it out there. Well, that's gonna be it for now, gang. Until next time. Much Love, Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment