Monday, January 19, 2015

Introductions

Every writer I've known fears the beginning of whatever they're working on, the first chapter of a book, the first line of a poem, and yes, even the first post on a blog. I must confess that I'm rather bad at first impressions, written ones included, so this entry will be brief and to the point.

Hi, my name is Gabby, I have started a blog in an attempt to get my writing out there. Currently I am a high school student with graduation looming ominously in the distance, I hope to be a writer and expect my vague aspirations will have me end up as something else entirely. My Myers-Briggs is INFJ and my Hogwarts house is Hufflepuff, which mixed together makes me a bit of a push over and annoyingly over apologetic. I tend to prefer books to the company of people, I'm a Florida girl who does not enjoy long walks on the beach because I hate walking on sand, I am more than slightly obsessed with Disney, and generally a pretty big nerd.


On this blog you can expect:

Ramblings and ranting.

Probably a bit of bad poetry.

My opinions on books, movies, video games, etc.

And stories and news from my little corner of the universe.


You're probably not wondering about the name of this blog, but just in case I shall explain. The name comes from a line in a song from Mary Poppins; It's the cool bit of Chim Chim Cheree where Bert gets a little wistful and sings, "Up where the smoke is all billowed and curled/'tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world/ where there's hardly no day and hardly no night/there's things half in shadow and halfway in light". That reminded be of a quote by Oscar Wilde, "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars", both captured my interest and the latter seemed a pretty good description of life to me, so voila!

That's it for now, hopefully I'll have a proper entry up for you soon. Much love, Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment