Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Please Look After This Book


R.W. Alley, illustrateur des livres "Elf-Help" et plein d'autres comme "When Mom or Dad Dies: A Book of Comfort for Kids" par Daniel Grippo.
January is a comfortless month, all at once we're flung from the warm arms of Christmas time into the cold of a brand new year. When I'm plagued by post holiday blues I find myself seeking comfort wherever I can find it, Disney marathons, watching Roman Holiday for the 80th time, and right now it includes rereading an old favorite, none other than Paddington Bear. Lately I've been in a serious reading rut, I've been making my way through Inkspell slower than a turtle with glue on its feet since October, I've put it down for various things along the way thanks to a lack of patience, The Blood Of Olympus coming out, a Percy Jackson read-along, and certain stories I make a point of reading every holiday season. Normally I'd be reading whatever I got for Christmas this time of the year, but I ended up with the last books in two series I need to reread and just don't feel like it at this point. I didn't intended to pick up the giant collection of Micheal Bond's stories, I found it while rescuing my old Olivia books from a hutch full of reads from the golden days when my siblings and I were little and after hearing about the movie so often lately I felt like reading the first story, now I find myself attempting to make it through the whole collection. It's funny how much more I find myself appreciating books from when I was little these days, I notice things like how charming the characters and style of writing are. It's refreshing after something so heavily detailed with too many characters and POVs to keep track of to read something nice and simple. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't write a children's story, my writing tends to lean more towards young adult fiction, and such books tend to be doomed to obscurity if there's not a love triangle and a block buster movie, but stories like Paddington are enjoyed by generations. Now I'm not saying I could ever write something as iconic as Paddington, I'm merely stating that if I ever manage to get something finished and then, miracle of miracles, published, I'd like it to make a lasting impression, ya know? Anyways, that's it for now. Until next time, guys. Much Love, Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment