Sunday, April 12, 2015

Flipping Tables And Breaking Down Walls

Summer
So apparently my town has a green market; my mother took me today, it was filled with snowbirds and other people who make a habit of getting up before 2 PM on a Sunday. There were people selling honey, and veggies, and apple cider doughnuts that it was way too hot for but I ate anyway. Honestly the whole thing reminded me of Pushing Daisies, I pegged this one creepy guy who ran the flower stand and was wearing a bell pepper shirt as the criminal. I don't think I've mentioned this but the town I live in is really big with the richy rich northerners so this whole thing was at this new downtown area with all these snooty shops, this made for a pretty boring search for air conditioning. Also the only bathroom was in this really weird hotel and guess who had to pop in to use the loo? Yep, this girl. It was all very modern and I'm sure it would've looked cool in 2002. But hey, air conditioning. I swear we skipped from spring straight to the hellish inferno known as summer. Also when this place opened they said they were putting in a Hot Topic, it has been five months and still no dang Hot Topic! But yeah, despite my complaining I actually did have a nice time. Anyways, after a brief trip home it was out again, this time for Italian. I won't go into details about dinner but there was a weird waiter who was actually from Italy lurking around and certain family members decided to misbehave and I wanted to flip the table. Now I am once again home and still find myself with an only slightly less intense desire to throw furniture around. My father is watching Elementary though so that could have something to do with it. In other news I've actually managed to get over my reading rut and into the first Pendragon book, which is great, and also broken through a long standing writers block and rewritten the first chapter of a novel I've been working on for a few years now. A couple of entries ago I mentioned that I often feel a great sense of accomplishment when I get stupid things done but let me tell you this time it's validated. I haven't honestly gotten proper book writing done in probably over a year thanks to a malfunctional computer and a lot of other crap I won't even get into. I felt like how I imagine the Israelites did when the wall of Jericho came crumbling down. I just realized I still have leftovers from dinner and now that I'm home they won't be in my throat so that's gonna be it for now, gang. Until next time. Much Love, Gabby      

No comments:

Post a Comment