Friday, July 31, 2015

No Choice & No Chansey

Pokemon
I never in my whole life wanted to be a nurse, not even when I was itty bitty, and yet I'm always the one taking care of people whenever illness hits my household. I never had the desire to be awoken at 5 AM to the sound of my sister puking all over our room but that's something that happened. The universe doesn't care what anybody wants or did or didn't ask for, it just conspires against people who are generally decent enough human beings to not deserve to be woken up in the middle of the night by someone vomiting on the carpet. I'm seriously regretting staying up to watch InuYasha with my brother last night. Now I know things like this don't get tossed somebody's way for any true reason, there's no life lesson I'm gonna learn from cleaning puke and arguing with my older sister about whether or not she has a fever, but I can't help think that last night when I was going on about how Nurse Joy was one of my favorite Pokemon characters that some cosmic gremlin was like, "You wanna be like her? Well here ya go!". In reality, gang, the moral of this story is not to ever eat frozen meatballs because they will get some person or another violently ill. I got sick on those buggers once and it wasn't pretty (not quite "the universe hates me/cosmic forces are working against me" bad but still yucky). Come to think of it I don't believe any of the Joys had a choice in any of this nonsense either; You don't choose the nurse life, the nurse life chooses you. All the Joys had a Chansey though and I'm flying solo. I should probably attempt to get some rest and figure out how to get that nastiness out of the carpet (and her laptop, and also the closet doors...). Say a little prayer for me, dear readers, I'm gonna need it. That's gonna be it for now, guys. Until next time. Much Love, Gabby 

No comments:

Post a Comment