Sunday, August 9, 2015

Colors

Summer seems to have whipped by; but then so has the rest of this year. August has always seemed sad to me; people lighting the last of their fireworks and kids clinging to their final bits of freedom... It's not that I like summer so much but rather that I hate endings. I always feel like other people seem to get a lot done between June and September, trips are taken and hobbies are honed and they all seem to have an awfully good time of it. I, on the other hand, accomplished precious little if anything at all. I'll probably look back on this summer as the one I wasted becoming a proper Otaku, I started some new manga and watched a couple of new shows and that's really it. I did enjoy doing those things but the fact that none of them actually really mattered kinda cast a shadow over the whole thing. Oh, to be one of those people who isn't mindful of the fact that they contribute nothing to the universe. I've been watching this show and the characters talk about how most people want a rose colored life but the protagonist leads a grey one, and they say that a grey life is better than one that's completely devoid of color but I honestly fail to see the difference. I've never really considered grey to be a proper color anyway; yes it's technically one but when you tell someone to name a color they'll say something like red or lavender, those are proper colors, grey is just a sad mix of white and black. Grey is a void or a storm cloud or something equally dismal, nobody wants a grey life. That's gonna be it for now, gang. Until next time. Much Love, Gabby  

No comments:

Post a Comment