Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Whirlwind Weekend

This past weekend a trip to Disney was taken which I didn't talk about because I am a superstitious piece of crud and thought if I counted the imaginary chicken it wouldn't hatch like the last time. It was a real whirlwind of a time and wasn't without incidents but we all made it home alright. On the way up there we saw a hearse with a hitchhiking ghost sticker on the back window and I got the worst picture of it ever which isn't even worth posting. I have to admire the drivers sense of humor though. We stayed at a place just outside Disney property that had a bunch of peacocks running around for some unknown reason; they woke me up at 6:30 AM the first morning. We saw them everywhere we went, they were just chilling by the pool with some random cat, I named the first one I saw and then promptly forgot what it was I had named him, the second one I came across I called Archie. The hotel was nice and more like an apartment than a hotel, I suppose it was a time share or something, and it was pretty homey. We went the Magic Kingdom the first night and then had to leave thanks to a serious thunder storm but we at least got to walk down Mainstreet which always puts a little pep in my step. The next day myself, my mother, and sister sneaked off for breakfast at Waffle House and I had orange juice for the first time in probably a few years. I then realized why I had been avoiding it for so long. After that was the trip to the pool where the peacocks and the cat were sighted and I thought my sister was going to get her eyes pecked out taking a picture of those birds. That evening it was back to Magic Kingdom, this time to actually make it onto some rides and such. Riding before we left we were having ice cream on Mainstreet and I was singing along to the Hello Dolly instrumental and this girl a few tables over was also singing along. She forgot the lyrics for a minute and then I started singing and then she started singing again. We didn't acknowledge it or say anything to each other but it was a soul sibling moment.  The next day I was up incredibly early for my oldest friend's graduation which would've also been mine had I not opted out of walking. It was the first I'd ever been to since both of my siblings also opted out and if I remember anything about it it will be that one kid said he wanted to be a Ninja Turtleologist and the rap a very white kid did about his homeschooling experience. Homeschool graduations are two things, 1. Cringey and 2. Incredibly long. When the last girl walked across the platform she got one of the biggest cheers I'd ever heard in my life. Now I can honestly say that I don't feel bad for not walking anymore, after talking with my friend's future sister in law about how she might not walk at her college graduation I realize that it's something that's not for everyone and that's okay. Honestly I'd been dreading it a little because I felt like I was letting a lot of people down by not doing it, the night before I even had a good long cry about it, but now it just seems silly. After pictures were taken and lunch was had we took the graduate back to our hotel so we could all change and head to Disney. We ended up going to Epcot for about five seconds so I could get a Whisper Of The Heart print. I got to chat a bit with the girl working at the counter about the movie, which was cool. Every time I go to Epcot I find myself fangirling with some random stranger. I love the way fandoms bring people together, it's just the neatest thing. And then it was off to MGM (or Hollywood Studios if you're more with the times than me and my family) for the last night of Star Wars weekends, which meant dancing to some club remixes of things in front of where the hat used to be, taking a ride on Star Tours (one of my favorite rides), and watching the fireworks show set to the music from the movies. And then finally the next day we said goodbye to the peacocks and headed to Animal Kingdom before heading home. There it rained for a bit, and then if we hadn't already been soaked enough the whole group got on the rapids ride which we rode twice and got stuck on once. And then after a terrifying ride on Dinosaur it was time to leave. On the way out I found an initial necklace on the ground. It's a golden J and a crystal Mickey and we didn't find the owner. I hope J was able to get another necklace though. It's siting on my bookshelf right now because I'm not really sure what to do with it. Well, that's gonna be it for now, gang. Until next time. Much Love, Gabby     

No comments:

Post a Comment