Monday, March 9, 2015

God And Gaming


In any religion you will constantly find people challenging your faith, "Well if your God is real then why does (insert problem here) happen?". I try not to let it get to me, I get angry and annoyed but I don't lose my faith because someone decided to pick a fight with me or any other Christian. But sometimes people aren't the only thing putting our faith to the test. You've probably noticed by now that I have a problem with anxiety, this has lead to lots of sleepless nights and unanswered questions; Why does God let me go on feeling so terrible all the time? Where is this incredible peace the bible talks about when I'm having a panic attack? It's an awful thing to admit but these questions cross my mind a lot. People have told me to give it to God more times than I can count, to pray, read my bible, etc. But it's tough stuff, man. While the bible has a bounty of help verses it doesn't say anything I can recall about anxiety except, "Don't be anxious about anything, instead pray about everything"... Cut to me dealing with a serious case of "Shouting At The Ceiling Syndrome" aka feeling like God's put me on call waiting. It's not that I don't believe in God, I do, I really really do, but sometimes I feel like he's just left me hanging, like with all the problems in this nasty world he's forgotten about me. I tried talking to people about these feelings but they just send me right on back to the "Don't worry about anything" square. Easy for them to say, they don't constantly feel like their personal universe could collapse at any moment. It's like my feelings are Godzilla and I'm the populace of Tokyo.  Okay, time for a slight change of topic and a tragic confession: One of the few things that would help me when having a panic attack would be playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my 3DS. I dunno what it was about that game, maybe it was that I pretty much controlled everything, maybe the fact that the villagers were all nice (minus this one snot named Amelia) and everything was just generally chilled out, I dunno, but it sure helped. And then late December it suddenly decided to stop charging and now it seems to have passed on. Back when I still had Christmas money I'd hope to take it to gamestop and get it fixed, apparently they don't fix things or sell batteries and it's way beyond my budget to send it off to Nintendo for them to fix. So my precious DS I worked for months at a miserable babysitting job for is sitting in a drawer in my bookshelf, gathering dust and being utterly useless. I know it sounds stupid but I miss my town, gang, I miss all my animal neighbors and being able to play until I felt better. I dunno how this jumped from God to video games but perhaps my subconscious is saying something like my spiritual DS is dead so I can't reach the place where I'm chilled out and in tune with God...I dunno, guys. That one sounds pretty out there even to me. Forgive the rambling sleep deprived loony. That's gonna be it for now, gang. Until next time. Much Love, Gabby     

No comments:

Post a Comment