Friday, March 27, 2015

Rain, Rain, Go Away


With spring officially sprung the birds are singing, the sky is blue, and all of nature is at its best and brightest. Just kidding, this isn't a Cadbury advert. Down here in Florida springtime means rain. And not just little showers followed by rainbows and sunshine, oh no, this is rain on a biblical level. I don't know why I thought the change of seasons would give me a break from soul sucking darkness; winter in Florida is gloom, spring is gloom and doom. Today it was so bad that I took the dog and hid in my room until it'd stopped storming. Whenever there's a really bad thunder storm I tend to turn into Piglet in that one part in The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh when "the rain rain rain came down down down" and totally freak out. I'm always afraid the house is gonna be blown to pieces or something. Spring is just such a disappointment, man; Every year I expect sunshine and fun times and I get a mini apocalypse. In dark times such as these people tend to go off in search of a little extra cheer, and so this evening myself, the siblings, and madre braved the weather and set off in search of snackety snacks. After some Taco Bell and donuts we all feel a little better. Nothing soothes the soul like some junk food. There's really not much else to report at the moment besides this ridiculous weather. I'm currently trying to make my way through the first Pendragon book, but I haven't really been able to get into it so it's slow going. I've honestly just been in zombie mode lately, spending hours on Pinterest, watching anime, doing basically anything but reading or writing. My brain seems to be taking a vacation at the moment. I shall do like the hipsters do and go on a search for inspiration. I'll try and find something to clear the cobwebs out of my head. That's gonna be it for now, gang. Until next time. Much Love, Gabby   

No comments:

Post a Comment