Monday, March 9, 2015

The Dapper Dilemma Part II: A Stormy Solution


Note to self: Don't count your figurative chickens, don't even talk about them, otherwise they are doomed not to hatch. Apparently there are going to be thunder storms across the whole of the state this coming weekend, and you know what that means? No Dapper Day for me. Is it bad to say that while being a little bummed out I'm also kind of relieved that the trip is off? Don't get me wrong, I wanted to go to Disney, I really wanted to go to Disney, but is it bratty to say that I'd rather go on more of my own terms? That is without a tight schedule for meet ups, a boat ride I don't really like normally, and crowding the carousel with a bunch of other dapper people so no normally dressed people ruin any pictures that might be taken? The last bit honestly sound pretty jerky to me, it's Disney world, people save for months or even years to go there, they travel thousands of miles, they should be able to ride the carousel without a bunch of fancy people cutting them off. Maybe that's just a me thing, I don't know. The worst part about this is that today I had to tell my friend who had really got her hopes up about it that we weren't going. And that's something I don't think is fair since my sister was the one who told her we were going in the first place. But yeah, since this was to be the makeup for a kind of lack luster birthday due to my mother being sick and certain family members not caring enough to give me a happy birthday phone call (it's a thing with our family, I dunno how it started but if you don't get the phone call from someone it's a big deal) I honestly feel a little bit...happy that we get to do it some other time at a more chilled pace? I know I'm being totally selfish but if something is meant to be for someone's birthday I think it ought to be at least a little bit about what they want to do. Honestly all I want to do it get my birthday button from the place where they give them out on main street, do my thing in magic kingdom, and then hop over to EPCOT to check out some of the stuff in the Japan pavilion without anybody telling me to hurry up. Honestly I prayed about this trip when I was feeling anxious and told God that if he wanted us to go then he could give us the green light and if he didn't that was okay too. Does that sound completely stupid and shallow? Does this whole thing? I dunno, gang, this is just where I'm at right now and I'm sorry if it's stupid and first world problem-y but it's what I've got going on. That's gonna be it for now, guys. Until next time. Much Love, Gabby  

No comments:

Post a Comment